Script 作者 : Andy E
網站 : http://andye.myweb.hinet.net/maxscript_1.html
因為已經有個script叫image plane,所以又改成vertical plane.
這個script可建立垂直的平面plane, 從UI直接載入圖檔. 當處理大量站立的圖像時,可節省很多時間.
- 支援png, tga, tif 等本身自帶alpha的圖檔.
- 讀取ｉｆｌ檔案,播放連續圖檔,ｉｆｌ檔是用RAM player播放連續圖檔後產生的格式.
- 在Create>Geometry>Scripted Primitives
Script Name : Vertical Plane V1.7.1(2010/10/17 updated)
Script Author : Andy E
Web page : http://andye.myweb.hinet.net/maxscript_1.html
Sometimes you don't need to create every object 3D model in 3D scene. Things far away from camera are not main objects to care about. Even they are necessary things, like trees, flowers ,painting, etc, they are just decorations. Of course, the idea is not absolute, the usage of far object is depend on real situation.
If you want to set an image in 3D scene, traditional way is to create a plane model lying on the ground, then rotate it to stand up, and assign a image to it. It's easy to do it one time. However, there are dozens of planes standby, you may be out of patience.
Here I introduced a script , "Vertical Plane", for you. The name "Vertical Plane" already changed 3 times. I had named it "Vertical Plane" at the first time I created it. After several months, I changed its name to "Image Plane", when I thought direct posting image to vertical plane is a good point of this script. The good circumstances don't last long. Someone already wrote script named "Image Plane", so I restored it to original name.
This script can create a vertical plane, and loading image directly from its ui. It will save you much time from creating plane and assigning image repeatedly when processing many standing images.
Features of this script:
- Functions are based on Standard Primitive Plane.
- Set alpha file name format. If image name is "bird.jpg", you can set "bird_alpha.jpg" as alpha file name
- If there exists a alpha channel file in same folder, It'll be loaded automatically.
- Support Png, Tga, Tif with alpha channel. In other words you don't need to create another alpha file.
- Playing sequential files by loading "ifl" file, which was produced by RAM Player after playing sequence image files.
How to use it?
- Put this file in "Scripts\Startup" under 3DS MAX root folder, then restart it.
- It is in [Create>Geometry>Scripted Primitives].
Double click on tutorial video below to go to youtube to see big view.