- Decompress AE_LayerManger.rar , then you got 1 file and 1 folder.
- Please put them in 「C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CSX\Support Files\Scripts」.
- State AE, and click on menu bar 「File -> Scripts -> AE_LayerManager.jsxbin」.
- Good to assign a shortcut key to run AE_LayerManager.jsxbin. You could use KeyEd UP.jsx to set a shortcut key.
Every time when looking for a specific layer in a compositon including dozens or hundreds of layers, users will spend a lot of time doing a search. If there is a managment tool to organize and classify layers, it will be convenient for users. Therefore I designed Layer Manager for managing layers.
Users can use Layer Manager to arrange layers of the same kind into a group and naming the group name. Each group has its attribute that can show/hide/lock/unlock selected group, especially without selecting layers. The descriptions of attributes listed in functions no.7 below.
- Groups appear as a tree view list, easy for management.
- Create a group.
- Select a group's layers.
- Add more group layers by pressing Ctrl. Deselect group layers by pressing Alt.
- Put layers to different group.
- Set attribute to a group.
- Check layers of same names.
- Show all images and layers.
- Reset attribute of layers by its belonging group attribute.
- Reload tree view list.
- Group disappeared automatically without any items(layers) inside.
After Effects' Layer Manager Video Tutorial