- Decompress AE_SelectionSet.rar , then you got 3 files.
- Please put "AE_SelectionSet.jsxbin" in 「C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CSX\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels」
- Please put "AE_ImgIsolation.jsxbin" and "AE_LayerIsolation.jsxbin" in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CSX\Support Files\Scripts」
- State AE, and click on menu bar 「Window -> AE_SelectionSet.jsxbin」
As each group of Layer Manager is Independent, so one layer only belongs to one group. Sometimes we want different groups contain the same layer, but in the situation of setting attribute to group, which attribute should be set to the layer shared by different groups?
I wrote the script "Selection Set" for making groups flexibly. In order to distinguish「group」from Layer Manager, Selection Set used「set」as a collection unit. Layers in Selection Set could be shared by other sets, so users can make various types of selection.
Users can make a set by usage of layers no matter which set they were included. Layers can be added to a set or removed from a set.
Another useful function is to isolate selected layers or images. Isolation makes composing more easier when you have lots of layers inside a comp.
- Make a selection set.
- Delete a selection set.
- Select layers from a selection set.
- Add layers selection set.
- Remove layers from a selection set.
- Isolate layers：Only show selected layers.
It appears when clicking 「Isolate layers」.The button can leave Isolation mode.
- Isolate images and layers：Only show selected images and layers.
Above is result.
This button can leave Isolation mode..
After Effects' Selection Set Video Tutorial